Sunday 4 September 2016

Forgive My Delusion - @Kev_Diggy



We look to our past, wasn’t easy, lost mentors and people we admired, great minds who genuinely wished the best for Africa. We owe it to them to succeed in this continent of ours because we have no other place, no other home, no where to go if the bombs drop, we are asylum seekers in any other place than our home continent. Salute to our past, we made it through, we have lived to tell the story, we represent the dreams and ambitions of our dead families, friends, loved ones and mentors. Success should never be seen as personal achievement, whomever we are, whatever we do, we represent inspiration to someone else, we make success and achieve greatness not because we need a 9 - 5 job or have to satisfy our daily financial burdens, but success is more communal than that. We are successful to help the next man, to improve and influence the next man positively, we achieve success to feed the next man so we feed him energy to achieve it as well. The feudal system where we all responded to the whims of one person is long past, we need each other to grow and so we must pull each other up. The strong must help the weak, the rich must give to the poor, these are are only ways the strong can remain strong and not be defeated by groupings of the weak and the rich can remain rich and not suffer theft or murder by the poor who have nothing to lose. An adage in our fatherland says that, no matter how high a rich man builds their walls, when the hunger season comes, the poor will stand on each others heads to make it to the supper table. 
Forgive my delusion, I just think we can be better, we can do better, we were meant for better, I believe we shouldn’t settle, I believe we are great. Forgive my instincts but we should be more, allow my questions, its my reality, I choose greatness and bathe in royalty because if we have survived the past? The future is a cakewalk. I lived through times in Lagos, Nigeria, I saw people walk the street with determination in their eyes, strong willed to do something for themselves and by extension their families, clans, tribe and the nation and I saw them succeed. We have also like other African and third world nations  suffered from political dysfunctional systems., hunger, unemployment, infrastructure deficit and economical failure, for the monies made from our oil export, Nigeria must be viewed as a failed state. But, the people, the people, the people, these are warriors they refused to laid down, they wont let go, these people fight for their share of the national cake, they fight for success, they will not give up, they came, the saw the situations, and the overturned the results. Nigeria is viewed as a great nation not because of the oil revenues but the will power of the people. We wont back down, defeat is not in our dictionary, why should we give up, I wont lose hope, not while this God given breath is in me, its an insult to our possibilities for us to give in. Africa will rise again, it will shine like the morning sun and no one will take what is ours. We are irrepressible.
Forgive my delusion, its been necessary for me to survive at under $1 day, its been useful for those cold nights when I slept on the streets, the hungry days, the lost dreams, left to figure my world for my self, mockery, I’ve been left to my delusion, I’ve been left to hope, faith, my only friend through the heartbreaks and losses was the dawn of a new day, delusion has given me hope, it should me the hope for a better day, along with hunger and tears, delusion formed the forth quartet of my being. Delusion worked, believing in what I couldn’t see walked me through the dark alleys, now I see the light. We must go through this alley and expect the light.
Its been tough, the belief system of our people is broken, nothing but your delusions will keep with you, you wont find a better stronger friend than your determined self, God keeping us, our faith will carry us through to a better Africa, An Africa that represents its awesome potential and Africans who will take first bite at feasting on the table. This is Africa we are Africans, it makes perfect sense for us to believe in our continent even if it means we become delusional. In history, the people who have changed the course of their destinies, have been the delusional lot. Forgive my delusion. @Kev_Diggy

No comments:

Post a Comment